Friday, May 3, 2013

Why is it so hard?

So yeah, I'm still here... still thinking, strategizing, planning...

Having trouble doing though. Why is it so hard? I posted twice, then nothing for two months. It's not like I'm doing this for anyone else. There really shouldn't be any pressure or fear associated with just typing out some of what's going on... so why is it so hard? I keep thinking about the "bigger" posts I want to write, and about "going public" so to say, and that's what's still scaring me. I do want to make more definite goals for this year and make some definite changes, and I've actually taken a few baby steps already that I'm proud of, but I'm having trouble prioritizing and specifying the bigger things. I want to shout out about all of my health issues - physical and mental health, and ask my loved ones for more help and support, but that's so hard.

For now, I'm going to work on writing/posting more. Little stuff. Stuff that isn't so scary. ;-) My biggest goal or life change (so to say) that I'm working on over this year is to prioritize myself more. To stop trying to do everything I can for everyone but myself. I've started reading again over the last few months, which I hadn't done in years (literally), and that me-time is fantastic! I wish I could find/make more of it (the me-time), but I'm doing a little bit. And that's a good thing. I've made a few doctor appointments that I had been putting off - saw the dentist and the podiatrist. Have a physical scheduled. Those are good things. There's quite a bit more of that kind of thing I need to do, but it's a start.

And now I've posted again. Finally! ;-) And that's a good thing probably. So there you go! So if anyone's reading, what's going on in your life? What have you done for you lately?

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get my physical health figured out, and I'm trying to get back my OWN mental health, like taking me-time and not helping everyone but myself. It's hard, because then I have to stop and see all the things wrong with me. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting JP - you're actually my first comment on this blog! :-D And yes - all of that! Me too! Ugh! Good luck!

      Delete